Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Too hot

An editor from one of the largest sailing magazines in the US of A contacted me the other week and told me they wanted to buy one of my photos for an upcoming article. One with a woman sunbathing on a sailboat, "I'm sure you got plenty of them" the editor said and I agreed. So I screened through my collection and I found this one. That was definitely a woman sunbathing on a boat in my eyes and I sent it over. One day later I got the response that said: "I'm sorry, this won't work. This is way too hot for us. Our membership is made up of a lot of middle-aged and retired men, some of whom probably have weak hearts. You would kill far to many of them with this shot, and we can’t afford to lose any these days" 

Man, what could I respond to that? Fair enough for the honest reply but I got kind of perplexed by the answer. I mean, you simply just don't go to McDonald's, ask for a cheeseburger and then get surprised when you get cheese on your burger. And you definitely don't go to a hip hop club and expect to hear christian choral music, there are other places you should have considered for an evening like that. What exactly did he expect? Yes I am very aware of that Americans in general and the American sailing/cruising world in particular, are very conservative compared to the same in Europe, but c'mon, I wasn't even topless. The only two things that I find disturbing with this photo though, is my ever so terrible hair color. I kinda miss my chocolate brown hair when I see this mixed disaster. Also it is a bit annoying that my ass appears to be much lighter in tone than the rest of my skin. I guess I have to sunbath more in string from now on.

Well well, c'est la vie. At least I can show this photo to you guys without anyone getting a heart attack here. Right? You must have seen plenty of sunbathing girls before, haven't you. /T

No comments:

Post a Comment